bnea

bnea

Unholy Magic (Downside Ghosts, #2) - Stacia Kane This is my first review so be gentle with me.I was leery when I started this series. This is a whole new world of characters for me. They are well outside of my comfort zone. I normally would not read about people who used drugs. That is a turn off for me. I actually enjoyed the story and all of the characters in spite of that. The characters are well written and it seems like we get to see a bit more of what makes Chess tick in each book. She is a damaged soul that I just want to wrap my arms around. I started to read this series based on an article and comments I read on Heros and Heartbreakers.com that mentioned Terrible. In this book, I found myself falling a bit in love with Terrible and could see where they were coming from. There were a couple of times when a chapter ended with Chess and Terrible and I wished it had gone a bit farther. I just wish we could see a bit more of his thoughts. He always seems to be there for Chess when she needs him. She knows that he will back her up. My heart broke for him in the cemetery scene. It's funny how they start off telling you how ugly a guy is physically but the further you go the more that disappears and in my mind he isn't ugly at all.